Woohoo, 299th blogpost!
When I made this look I had just done my hair. I usually wear it hanging down or in a ponytail but I wanted to do something different so I tried a sock bun. I really liked the result and I thought it called for a classic makeup.
So I tried keeping my eyeshadow very light (well, light for me anyway) and a nice ombre lipstick. With dramatic eyeliner, just to get that classic pinup feel I had going with my hair.
I liked doing an eyelook that was very different from what I would normally do. I know my looks are usually bordering on drag makeup (or so I’ve been told) but that’s just how I like it. 😀 But I really enjoyed changing things up with this light eye makeup.
I tried to make this look a bit different by adding a tiny bit of MakeUp Geek’s Liquid Gold. I love that pigment and I like how it always draws attention in every look. I just applied a bit on the lower lashline in the middle but I still think it makes a difference somehow.
I wanted to make this look light and dreamy so I used two brown colours from my Sleek Garden of Eden palette, and I think they work really well with the colours from MakeUp Geek.
The fullface pictures are usually my least favourite part of a blogpost. But I really like the ombre lips, if I do say so myself. I even got comments on it from total strangers while doing some shopping. 😀
I actually love the result of this look, and I was suprised at how much work I had on the lips. It’s not just putting a glob of dark brown on the corners and lighter in the middle. It took me a lot of work to get all the lines just right and I actually put a lot of effort in making it look effortless. But that’s also what I like about pinup looks. They look so simple: some eyeliner and lipstick. But if you really want to get it right, it’s actually a lot of work.
Anyway, I think the work payed off, what do you think? Do you ever wear pinup looks like this? Or ombre lips with dark en lighter red?
Please let me know in the comments!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Mineral Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick, Brown
- MakeUp Geek Pigment Afterglow
- MakeUp Geek Pigment Liquid Gold
- MakeUp Geek Pigment Sweet Dreams
- Sleek Garden of Eden palette, colours Forbidden & Flora
- Gosh Liquid Eyeliner
- Gosh Serious Volume Mascara
- Gosh Kohl / Eyeliner Pencil, Brown
- Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation, Ivory
- Catrice Camouflage Cream, Rosy Beige
- MakeUp Geek Pigments Sweet Dreams (as highlight)
- Sleek Blush, Fenberry
- Gosh Bronzing Powder, Natural Glow
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipliner, Cocoa Plum
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipliner,Simply Red
- Iloje Flobu Lipstick, 02 Red
- Sleek Lipstick, Matte Cranberry
Posted on March 14, 2014, in Make-up looks and tagged EOTD, eyeliner, FOTD, Gosh, lips, lipstick, MakeUp Geek, MakeUp Geek pigment, nude, pin-up, red, Sleek, Sleek blush, Sleek Garden of Eden palette. Bookmark the permalink. 10 Comments.