@#$%! the paparazzi!
I already told you about my new Sugarpill eyeshadow called @#$%! (what’s in a name?). I always like experimenting with colours I don’t wear on a daily basis and @#$%! is definitely one of those colours.
Because it’s a berry red colour with little silver sparkles in it, I thought it would be nice to combine it with a silver eyeshadow (a MakeUp Geek pigment) and different shades of red.
Red is not the easiest colour to wear as an eyeshadow and I like a good challenge. So I tried to make it wearable and dramatic at the same time.
The silver is from MakeUp Geek and it’s called Prince Charming and it is so metallic, the pigmentation is sublime! So now I didn’t have just one colour in this look screaming for attention, but two!
Of course I had to add glitter. Remember I was going for dramatic? 😉 I have 1 red glitterliner and every time I use a red eyeshadow that calls for a reason to use it. I like how the glitter makes this look a bit more smoldering.
I combined this look with some berry red blush from Sleek called Fenberry. It’s one of my favourite blushes because it’s one of those colours that really suits my skin and basically works with any look. And I made a lip colour from a lipstick and a gloss that’s also in the same range of red tones, just a little more muted than the colours on the eye.
What do they call looks with the same colours again? Monochromatic? I’m not completely sure…
I also matched my dress and my pendant, the pendant is a Claddagh symbol with a red stone in the heart. ❤ I love Claddagh stuff, thinking about some day getting a tattoo with this symbol.
Anyway, I’m getting side tracked. What do you think of this look? Do you like it? Would you wear a red look like this?
Please let me know in the comments!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Gosh Waterproof Mineral Eyeshadow Stick, Brown
- Makeup Geek pigment Prince Charming
- Makeup Geek pigment Paparazzi
- Makeup Geek Pressed Eyeshadow White Lies
- Sugarpill @#$%! (a.k.a. Tha Shit)
- Sleek Darks Mattes palette, colours Maple, Noir
- Sleek Mediterranean palette, colour Moors Treasure
- Catrice gel liner Black Jack with Jack Black
- Gosh Kohl / Eyeliner, black
- Gosh Lift ‘n Shape mascara
- L.A Splash Lid Splass Liquid (glitter) Eyeliner, Sparkling Red Sea
- Max Factor Match Perfection Foundation, Ivory
- Catrice Camouflage Cream, Rosy Beige
- ELF Highlighter (name rubbed off)
- Sleek Fenberry blush
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick, Kitch
- Essence L.E. Holografics collection lipgloss, Lilac
Posted on July 21, 2013, in Make-up looks and tagged Catrice, EOTD, Essence, FOTD, L.A. Splash, MakeUp Geek, MakeUp Geek pigment, MakeUp Geek pressed eyeshadow, red, silver, Sleek, Sleek Mattes Darks, Sleek Mediterranean Palette, Sugarpill, Sugarpill Tha Shit. Bookmark the permalink. 15 Comments.