Monthly Archives: March 2013
For some time I’ve been thinking about where I want to go with my blog. I still love makeup but I don’t like the gaps of weeks that I sometimes leave. I could work harder at my blog, sure. But like I said before: I have a fulltime job and a busy private life and sometimes I just don’t feel like blogging. Call me lazy, call me a bad blogger (some have) but hey, that’s just me and I’m actually ok with that. 🙂
It took me some time to go from guilty about feeling like I failed at the blog thingy, to being ok with not updating for some time. But that’s where I’m at now and it feels nice not having to race to our computer when I have some time to do… absolutely nothing. 🙂
The other day I ran into this video and I just loved it. I shared it on Facebook but I think you guys might like it too. And I think I might do this more often, just little updates with something that moved me or made me laugh. Maybe even the occasional rant or something. Let’s see how that works out.
This video caught my attention and I love the introduction the brother does, the moment he chokes up was the moment I started crying and I didn’t stop until the video ended. I hope you like it too. I’m a big softy for emo stuff like this, lol.
I made this look the day my grandmother was turning 90. Come to think of it: last year I wrote about my grandmother on my mother’s side turning 90, this year it was the grandmother on my father’s side!
I bought some clothes for the occasion, some items from a brand called Lip Service, I wanted to own these for many years but I thought they were just a bit too expensive for me. Lip Service clothes are gorgeous and I love their style but I think 60 euro’s for a top and another 60 for a skirt is just too much. So I was seriously considering making something similar myself when I ran into someone selling these items for 45 euro’s for the skirt AND the top. That’s the kind of stuff that makes me happy.
I made a look that’s pretty simple and it’s made with one of my favourite palettes: the Sleek Graphite palette.
Lately I’ve been doing more “over the top” looks and I haven’t shown any daily looks. That’s because my makeup stuff has been on hold: every base I used gave me eczema on my eyelids. But I think that’s over and I really felt like playing around with some new make-up products I got at an event from Kruidvat. Here it is!
Sorry about the quiet time on my blog lately, I was starting to pick up the blogging again and then a major flu hit me that basically knocked me out for a week. I did manage to get the giveaway online but after that I really needed time to get back on my feet.
You can still enter the giveaway so, please do!
Anyway, I wanted to do a nice pinup look but with a twist. So I did a red glitter eyeliner with a matte red lip. Hope you like it.
I never thought I’d get this many likes: 1000. To me that was an unreachable goal, but somehow it still happened!!
It’s kinda weird, to me that more than 1000 people all over the world have seen my looks. I’ve been less active with blogging lately because of various reasons, but I just couldn’t let this pass without celebrating a little bit.
So I bought some stuff myself but also asked the kind people of Kruidvat if they could help me out put together a giveaway. And they did, how great are they? So with a lot of help from Kruidvat I got these goodies together. I hope you like them.
I give away a big package with loads of goodies so if you win, you get all of this:
Wonder what it all is?
- Essence Vintage Districe Blush, It’s Popul-art
- Catrice Ultimate Moisture Foundation, Sand
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil, I Have A Green
- Essence Eyeshadow Applicators
- Essence I Love Style Liquid Eyeliner
- Catrice Volume Plus+ Lenght Mascara
- Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation Primer
- Essence All-in-one BB Cream, 01 Universal
- Essence Lash Mania Ultra Volume Mascara, Hypnotic Black
- NYC KissGloss, Murray Hill Melon
- Catrice Matt Mousse, Light Beige
- Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick, Play The Plum
- Essence Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss, My Favorite Milkshake
- Essence Stay Natural Concealer, Soft Beige
- Catrice Lip Appeal Lipgloss, Neil’s Arms Are Strong
- Catrice Multi Colour Compact Powder, Rose Beige
- Catrice Absolute Eye Colour, Talk Like An Egyptian
- Catrice Absolute Eye Colour, Ooops… Nude Did It Again
- Catrice Re-touch Light-Reflecting Concealer, Ivory
- Essence Make-up Bag
- Catrice Powder Brush
- Gosh BB Cream, Chestnut
- Essence Sun Club Glamour To Go Eyeshadow, South Beach
- Essence Pigment, Fairy Dust
- Essence Pigment, Miss Piggy’s Lollipop
- Essence Pigment, Kiss The Frog
Wow, that’s a longer list then I thought it would be, lol. So the lucky winner of the giveaway wins all of this. Yay 😀
Let me sum up the rules:
- Giveaway is open internationally
- Follow my page on Facebook (mandatory)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook (mandatory) and show the link in the comments.
- Follow me on Twitter (not mandatory)
- Let me know in the same comment what product of this giveaway you like most and where you are from. Just because… I’d love to know 😀
- And in that same comment, leave your email address like this: you [at] email [dot] com
- No unfollowing the moment this giveaway is over. Sure, I can’t check on that. But if I find out you did it anyway, you’re banned from all future giveaways. And it’s just rude, you don’t want to be rude, am I right?
FOR EXTRA CHANCES AT WINNING
That’s right, if you want to have a better chance of winning this big prize you can:
- Make me a banner to use on my Facebook page. It has to be related to my blog and to my looks. You can use pictures of my looks and make a logo or… Well basically anything you feel like. Email it to me at email@example.com and also let me know in the comments that you did this.
This earns you 2 extra chances at winning.
- Do a makeup look inspired by one of my looks. It doesn’t have to be perfect but the pictures have to be clear and they can’t be old pictures that you re-use for this giveaway. So make sure you make at least one picture with “Lisanne blogt” on a card or written on your face or something as you wear the look. That way I know you made it for this giveaway. Also make sure you let me know which look was the inspiration for your look. Email your pictures to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know in the comments that you did this.
This earns you 3 extra chances at getting chosen as the winner.
The giveaway will end at april 1st and I’ll choose a winner after that. I will email the winner but if they don’t respond to my email within 24 hours I’ll choose another winner so keep an eye on your inbox!
I hope you like the prize and thanks so much to everybody for following me. 😀