Somewhere over the rainbow
The night before I made this look I was looking at the Sugarpill Pinterest page and not only did I see they featured one of my looks on *this board* (which made me do a little dance, lol ) but I also saw *this* look from Vintage Or Tacky’s Cora and I thought it was so very inspiring!
I’ve seen rainbow looks before and somehow I always love them but I’ve never attempted to do one myself. Well… It’s about time!
I decided to go overboard with colour ánd glitter and I thought it was so much fun to do. I had to do loads and loads of blending to get the colours to really blend into each other and of course glitter just makes everything fun.
As you may have noticed the colours look a tiny bit wonky on the pictures, they are a bit darker than usual. That’s because it was about to storm outside and it was weird light, this was the best I could do.🙂
I really like the sparkles in this look, but let’s be honest: when do I not like sparkles?😉 I used red, blue, orange/gold, green and purple glitterliner for this but there’s a lot of glitter that just falls away against all the colour, lol.
And since I was in a daredevil mood I paired it with dark red lipstick. I really like this colour lipstick but I don’t wear it enough. I’m always afraid it’s going to bleed or get on my teeth or something, especially because it’s such a dark colour.
Scuse the hair, by the way. It was one of those days that it just doesn’t do what you want it to.
After I made pictures of this I applied some false lashes, it got a bit less wearable after that, lol.
And just because I like to tease I won’t post pictures of that here, you’ll have to wait a couple of days for that.😆
What do you think of this look? Aren’t rainbow looks the best? I really need to think of some variations to this because it was a lot of fun to have so many colours in such a little place.
Please let me know in the comments what you think. Would you wear a look like this?
- Hema Eyeshadow Base
- Gosh Mineral Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick, Gold
- Sugarpill Love+
- Sugarpill Poison Plum
- Sugarpill Midori
- Sugarpill Acidberry
- Sugarpill Velocity
- Sugarpill 2AM
- Sugarpill Goldilux
- Gosh Effect Powder Gold Dust
- Essence PapREDzzi
- Essence Breaking Dawn pt 2 LE, pigment Alice Had A Vision – Again
- MakeUp Geek Mandarine
- MakeUp Geek White Lies
- Teeez Glitter Eyeliner, Outta Control
- L.A. Splash Lid Splash, Sparkling Red Sea
- Essence Breaking Dawn pt 2 LE glitterliner, Jacob’s Protection
- Gosh Extreme Art Eyeliner, #18
- Gosh Extreme Art Eyeliner, #21
- Catrice gelliner, Black Jack with Jack Black
- Gosh Kohl / Eyeliner, Black
- Gosh Catchy Eyes mascara
- Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation, Ivory
- Gosh Bronzing Powder, Natural Glow
- Essence Crazy About Colour LE, multi colour blush Colourmania
- Essence Breaking Dawn Pt 2 LE, blush Renesmee Red
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipliner, Hot Tomato
- Catrice Lipstick, After Work Wine
- Gosh Velvet Touch Lipstick, Lambada
Posted on November 16, 2012, in Make-up looks and tagged Breaking Dawn part 2, Catrice, EOTD, Essence, FOTD, glitter, Gosh, L.A. Splash, lipstick, MakeUp Geek, pigment, rainbow, Sugarpill, Sugarpill 2AM, Sugarpill Acidberry, Sugarpill Goldilux, Sugarpill Love+, Sugarpill Midori, Sugarpill Poison Plum, Sugarpill Velocity, Teeez. Bookmark the permalink. 27 Comments.