The Peacock Postulate
You all know by now I’m addicted to stuff peacock, right? I don’t really feel the need to explain or emphasize that because I’ve been doing that in the past and you just know it by now and probably have gotten sick of the peacock babble some time go, lol.
But lately I did quite some looks that have been inspired one way or another by peacocks and peacock colours so I figured I might as well say it’s a series and call it The Peacock Postulate. So that’s what I did and now you know why, heehee.
This look was inspired by the colours of a skirt I made some time ago. See? Another peacock-related look! Hope you like it!
When you look at the make-up it’s not peacock related at all, lol. But I like that, sometimes the story behind a picture makes it speak to the imagination a lot more and I like that.
I really like the intensity of the colours, the ones in the crease are from the Sleek Darks palette, they’re so easy to build up to a very deep dark shade but also great to blend out as you can see with the purple above the crease. I like that, it makes blending colours very easy to do.
I mostly wanted to use the brown and blue tones from the skirt but couldn’t resist also incorporating some purple and I like how what worked out.🙂
So that’s it, another peacock inspired look. Even though it doesn’t look like it, lol. What do you think of this look? I wore this on a warm day with the skirt and got comments on both, good comments even so that was really lovely.😀
What do you think of this look? Please let me know in the comments!
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Gosh Mineral Waterproof Eyeshadow Stick, Brown
- Pure Luxe pigment, Socialite
- Lumiere pigment, Raspberry Truffle
- Sleek Mattes Darks palette, Ink, Highness, Pillow Talk
- Gosh Kohl / Eyeliner, Black
- Gosh Let’s Twist Eyeliner, Blue Grass
- Catrice Lashes To Kill mascara
- Catrice Allround Concealer palette
- Gosh Bronzing Powder, Natural Glow
- Gosh Natural Blush, Electric Pink
- Catrice Ultimate Colour Lipstick, Lovely Lilac
- Lime Crime Carousel Gloss, Kaleidoscope
Posted on October 9, 2012, in Make-up looks and tagged blue, brown, Catrice, copper, EOTD, FOTD, Gosh, Lime Crime, Lumiere Cosmetics, Pure Luxe, purple, Sleek, Sleek Mattes Darks, The Peacock Postulate. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.