Going to The Hunger Games
Yesterday I showed you the outfit I wore when we went out to see The Hunger Games, but I also made a matching make-up look!
Naturally I wanted to use yellow/gold and red, like I’ve seen a LOT of looks that were inspired by it. They all had the colours of the firedress in it, lol. It’s actually quite logical when you think of it because the book doesn’t talk about outfits or colours a lot and that fire-dress-thing is a part of the book that speaks most to your imagination.
What I like most about this look is the black/gold colour in the inner corner and on the bottom lashline. It’s from an Essence palette from an old collection called Vampire’s Love, the golden colour in the palette. Essence never really managed to get me excited about their eyeshadow but the ones from this palette are actually very good so maybe I’m going to try some more, if you have any recommendations I’d like to hear them.🙂
Isn’t that gold/greenish colour amazing? And it works well with the red eyeshadow. I figured I’d keep the lips pretty light because I didn’t want to draw the attention away from the eyes this time.
I thought it looked pretty cool, I like smokey looks like these. What do you think? Please let me know in the comments!
- Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow, Rock Chic
- Essence Vampire’s Love eyeshadow, it doesn’t have a name but I used the black and the dark golden/greenish colour
- Sleek Mediterranean palette, colours Sunset, Moors Treasure and Bamboo
- Rimmel Professional Liquid Liner
- Gosh Kohl / Eyeliner, Black
- NYC High Definition mascara
- Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation, Ivory
- Gosh Bronzing Shimmer Powder
- Gosh Electric Pink Blush
- Gosh Soft ‘n Shine, Antique Gold