I got a message by Wendi from Makeup Zombie and I was soooooooo excited: she asked me to do a guest blogpost on her blog! Thanks so much Wendi, I thought it was the most awesome thing ever!
She told me I could do whatever I wanted but she said she would love to see me do a purple smokey. Well, your wish, my command!
So I got to work and made a purple smokey eye… And I wasn’t happy about it. So I did another one. Still not extremely happy… AARGH!! So I figured third time’s the charm and if I didn’t like that one either I would just kick myself in the butt, stop being overly critical, pick one and stick with it.
So I did that and picked the last attempt. It’s with a dark purple smokey eye and dark lippies, I know most would pick a light lip with smokey eyes but I just like the dark ones better.🙂
But I promised Wendi I would use some cool lashes and when I was working on the look I used black regular ones because it looked like that would suit the look best. I had to go ahead and try the funky ones too, they’re just so much fun! I got rid if the dark lips and I removed the blob of glitterliner in the outer eye corner and tadaaa… Purple party peepers!
I really like these lashes. Not for everyday wear, obviously, but they are a bunch of fun. And I thought it was fun to do a blogpost, it really got my creativity back on track! Now all I have to do is find the time to work the blogposts out.
By the way, the other purple smokey eyes will go online as a blogpost here so make sure you visit again!
Oh and don’t forget to look at Wendi’s blog: Makeup Zombie!
- Gosh Waterproof Eyeshadow Primer Stick
- MAC Push The Edge Pigment
- Sleek Circus palette for the pink, blue and white eyeshadow
- Kruidvat False Lashes (local drugstore)
- Gosh Kohl / Kajal eyeliner in black
- Make Up Store Glitterliner in Purple Rain
- Gosh Velvet Touch Foundation colour Ivory
- Gosh Bronzing Powder Natural Glow
- Sleek Blush colour Flamingo
- Sleek Lipstick Madly Maroon
- Gosh Light ‘n Shine colour 005
- Gosh Soft ‘ Shine colour Perfect Plum